Scottsdale’s Old Town is a treasure trove of culture, history, and modern entertainment. Let’s embark on a journey through this vibrant area for a day filled with exploration and fun:
Morning: Begin your day with a visit to FourtillFour Coffee to savor a lavender matcha or a hot latte, setting the tone for a day of adventure. Next door, pop into Kaleidoscope Juice for a refreshing, hydrating juice and delicious peanut butter protein cookies to keep you energized.
- A short 10-minute drive takes you to the stunning Papago Park, where the Hole in The Rock Trailhead is your gateway to a network of captivating trails. Experience a piece of the Phoenix Desert and witness the unique “Hole in The Rock” formation.
- For those who prefer a guided adventure, consider a visit to the Desert Botanical Garden instead. Admission tickets are priced at approximately $30, so plan your visit to make the most of your investment. This is an ideal destination to immerse yourself in the desert’s enchanting allure and gain a deeper appreciation of its unique magic.
Lunchtime: Return to Old Town for a delicious lunch at Diego Pops, where you might want to aim for Taco Tuesday if the timing is right. Satisfy your taste buds with a burst of flavors and enjoy the lively atmosphere. Enjoy excellent margaritas, and brunch menu items as well.
- As the sun bathes Old Town in a warm glow, take a leisurely stroll along Fifth Avenue to explore a wealth of galleries, boutiques, and wine tasting shops. Immerse yourself in the local art scene and the charming, authentic offerings of the area.
- If you have extra time, hail a golf cart taxi to Scottsdale Civic, a vibrant cultural hub. Here, you’ll find captivating outdoor sculptures, engaging art exhibits, and the renowned Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, where you can explore upcoming performances and events. If you’re in the mood for some entertainment, you can also swing by Old Town Tavern, a two-level bar featuring an upstairs, open-air patio offering live music and a lively dance floor.
Late Afternoon: Conclude your day with a visit to the serene Scottsdale Waterfront, offering picturesque views of the Arizona Canal and the cityscape. It’s the perfect place to unwind before your evening adventures and enjoy the sunset.
- For a fancy dinner experience, make a reservation at Olive & Ivy and, if the weather is pleasant, request an outdoor table for a truly enchanting evening.
- Dive into the quirky ambiance of Coach House, a fun dive bar experience that locals love also. If it’s around Christmas time, you’re in for an extra treat with festive decorations.
- If you’re visiting on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night and are ready for a night of entertainment, head to Saddlebag Trail, where you’ll find a vibrant nightlife scene. Explore bars like Bottled Blonde, El Hefe, and many more for a night filled with music and dancing.
Scottsdale’s Old Town is a hub of culture and entertainment, offering a diverse range of experiences, from cultural exploration and fine dining to lively nightlife. Whatever your interests, this area has something to offer every visitor, creating the perfect day in Scottsdale.